Florence Welch, this year’s queen of fashion and music, was the songstress who every designer wanted to dress, whose music amplified the runways and performances captivated the fashion crowd in, along with the world at-large. Gucci designed custom costumery for her to take the stage in, Karl Lagerfeld invited her to perform whilst situated in a larger-than-life oyster at the Chanel S/S 2011 show, and she released the hauntingly beautiful album Ceremonials.
I have collected, what I believe to be, Welch’s top looks from this past year. Please have a listen to my favorite track off of Ceremonials, Shake it Out, and enjoy Welch’s sartorial journey through 2011. Despite her incomprehensible amount of success this year, I sincerely believe there is much more to come from Ms. Welch.
LISTEN // Shake it Out by Florence and the Machine
10. Alexander McQueen Spring 2012 for the Harper’s Bazaar Women of the Year Awards 2011
9. Gucci bronze ensemble for Gucci and RocNation Pre-Grammy Brunch held at Soho House
8. Gucci Bordeaux Fall 2011 gown for ‘Good Morning America’ 2011 Summer Concert Series
7. YSL Edition Soir 2011 dress for her last look at the 2011 Grammy Awards
6. Valentino Spring 2011 Couture maxi dress for the 2011 Oscars
5. Chanel Spring 2011 coat dress at the Chanel Dinner Party celebrating her as the new face of the Chanel ‘Mademoiselle’ bag
4. Yves Saint Laurent Fall 2011 dress and feathered coat for the 2011 Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute Gala
3. Valentino Spring 2011 Couture gown for Elton John’s AIDS Foundation’s Oscar Viewing Party
2. Givenchy Couture Spring 2011 for the 2011 Grammy Awards
1. Chanel Couture dress for Chanel S/S 2012 show, presented at the Grand Palais in Paris